wow this was what i wrote about myself 2 years ago! (for scholarship application):
I was never sure of my identity; nothing felt clear-cut to
me. I was neither a predominantly Science nor Arts person, and I would like to
believe that I am as much of an outgoing and friendly person as I am a shy and private individual. I feel that I
am caught in the middle, which is why I value flexibility and I tend to pursue
a general path. In school, I enjoyed
Geography the most because it was fascinating to witness and understand
processes that shaped the wonders of the earth, and also how people are
invariably linked to each other or the physical environment in one way or
another. I am aware of my interests and
strengths, which is why I opted for a hybrid subject combination in Junior
College as it marries both well. I discovered my passion for singing by
accident, while playing songs aloud on my computer and I found myself naturally
drawn to accompanying the singer's voice through the lyrics. Singing energises
me and gives me confidence. It breaks the silence and comforts me to know that
I am not alone. Essentially, it helped me build up my self-esteem (2 cyber
bullying incidents scarred me) and I started to view things more positively and
opened up again. I am comfortable spending hours alone with my thoughts and I
use my blog to reflect and remind myself that everything -good or bad-happens
for a reason (regular self-motivation).
Relationships are extremely important to me because they give me the
inner tranquillity and comfort that I need. People are my source of strength
and all I crave for is a simple love with mutual understanding and trust."
if a condition such as 'mid-uni crisis' exists, then i'm probably feeling it already.
as i read through what i wrote, i experience again the joy of learning geog.
and after spending this afternoon to reflect on my degree journey thus far, i've clearly identified what i'm just really terrible in. therefore if i can do well for my other mods, there may be a chance to regain second upper after all :D (even though based on history i'm usually quite 'suay' and always end up slightly shy of achieving top honours boohoo haha)
nvm, hang on to hope ~ :D