Friday, 3 February 2017
Something I've been thinking♥
I rarely express out my thoughts but since we had to do a participant feedback recently... here goes!:
"I think Project Cebu has been impactful for me in the way that it has developed my self-confidence in approaching/engaging with children, willingness to try new things in unfamiliar situations, and also on how I decide to invest my time from then on. Many times I look at myself and focus greatly on my weaknesses however I’m thankful that through this experience, I’ve been given opportunities by my team members and also by the children themselves to make mistakes and learn along the way. It made me rethink about how I’m living my life in university - always stressed up about not being good enough, striving to be a perfectionist, etc. But this trip clearly reminded me of how there is more to life than just being the most outspoken or most creative or smartest person. In fact, I can also find meaning and appreciation from others in the ‘little’ things that I am able to do well (eg one-to-one interactions, admin tasks). It comforts me greatly to know that everyone has their own place in this world to serve- be it big or small- and this epiphany allowed me to gain some of my lost child-like joy and contentment back. Therefore, now i’m leaning more towards spending my time on learning new stuff that I’ve always wanted to do but put off (eg. spending the time on regular volunteering, learning guitar etc), due to my perceived need to always spend the spare time on academic pursuits. In other words, I don't have to be someone great before I am qualified to contribute and I guess it also takes some humility to acknowledge that."
^Just a gist of how my attitude towards life has changed after this OCIP :D
No doubt my schedule is packed fully these days with lessons (all no webcasts somemore lol) and travelling to various parts of SG just to attend courses/talk to a volunteer coordinator BUT at least now I'm doing the things I enjoy and find meaning in. Therefore even if i'm shag, I don't complain! haha! It's really the contentment that gives me strength to just carry on.
So I hope that others will also be able to find it as well (:
YYY
for a better tomorrow;
-14:26